Happy Fall Y'all

Y'all it's my favorite time of year! It's Fall Y'all! I look forward to this time of year each year and when it's over I find myself counting down the months and days until it's this time again. I'm like a kid in a candy store when September 1st rolls around, because that's my cue to get out the bins from the closet and start transforming our house into a cozy fall scene.


Since I live in Texas we really don't have the joys of seeing much of the trees changing colors and falling to the ground. So a couple years ago I decided I was going to put up a Fall Tree and bring in some fall to my Texas home. I got the idea of a fall tree from going into Hobby Lobby (My Kryptonite) one day and seeing how they decorated a fall tree in front of the store. Then it hit me..."I can do that in my house!" 
The first year I did my tree everyone thought I was crazy and that I was just looking for an excuse to put up my Christmas Tree early. But as you can see there is nothing Christmas about it, other than me putting my love into it and showing how thankful and blessed I am there is nothing Christmassy about it. After the 3rd time of me doing it everyone began to love it and started looking forward to seeing it every year. I got my decor up a little late this year and my dad was the first to ask what was I waiting on. SHOCKER! But like him most people enjoy the goodies I have in my pumpkin candy dishes sitting on my table when they come over. 

My mother loves fall too and she puts up a fall tree as well. Every year I look forward to her sending me photos of her tree every year because she find ways to reinvent her tree every year. When you enter her home she have leaves for you to write on so you can put them what you are thankful for on them and she add them to her fall tree. Love this tradition of hers because it's a reminder of how truly blessed each of us really are.
Along with my fall tree I love to add other things to my decor to make the fall scene come alive. When you walk into my house I want you to feel the warmth and coziness of fall. I'm even big of the fall scents in my house as well. Nothing says fall to me than the smell of baked apple pie, cedar cider, cinnamon and pear scents. During this time is when I love to bake goodies for family and friends. Homemade bread, cakes, cookies and syrups are a must for me in the fall season. 

I get asked all the time "How does my decor stays in place?" "Do you use your table?" And the answer is YES!!! My boys loves the decor and don't mind setting up the table after each meal. I think a little of it is they know how much it means to me as well. So keeping the house decorated is defintely a family effort.

Cuddling up on the couch doing my bible studies or quiet time with God, with the tree lit up, fall scents throughout the house and a cup of pumpkin spice coffee is my favorite place to be right now! Fall is officially here! Well at least inside my house. So if you want a taste of fall and you are in Texas, come on over and get cozy on the couch with me. There is plenty room and pumpkin spice coffee to go around! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening up my Heart & Soul

Back to School, Noooo!