Back to School, Noooo!

Most parents are counting down the days and can't wait to send their kids off to school or they have already had those first day of school moments. Me on the other hand, well let's just say this is not an easy time for me right now. During the summer there is more freedom, less schedules and less stress. Okay so you could be saying, "What's wrong with a schedule?" NOTHING!!! I love schedules and normalness (if there is such a thing)...it's just getting back to one and staying consistent with it during the whole school year is what's stressful.

I was on the phone with one my best friends (Yes I am blessed to have more than one. True friendship are hard to come by these days and I can tell you this...it takes a lot of work and honesty. So through the trials & tribulations it's good to know that in the end I have friends who will go to the end of the earth with me. Honestly I think God placed those people in my lives because he knows how they would impact who I am.) Okay back to my original thought. So like I was saying I was on the phone with one my best friends and we were discussing how much we get off our routines before the school year ends and how that effects our children moods and behaviors. I made the comment, "We should make a pack with each other. That no matter what we will not let the other throw in the towel before the school year ends." Trust me I know it is going to be easier said than done. But having someone to be your pacing partner will be easier than doing it alone. Us moms gotta stick together, cause this parenting thing is no joke!

When school is in session you already know that you have a set time you have to get up in the morning and a set time you need to go to bed. So that part is easy. Now let's breakdown all the things that goes on between those times. A big block of that occurs while the children are at school. Wait, did I mention I am a stay at home wife? Yes wife, cause my kids are in school and I work from home. What is my job you may ask? Well let's see...I cook, clean, run errands, I am our sons personal driver, I am baseball & soccer mom, Sunday school teacher and I am a Director for my Direct Sales business. I am sure I can add some more to that list, but to sum it all up in my husband's words when I ask him what he considers my job to be he said, "Your job is that you're the GLUE that keeps everything together." Funny, cause next time someone ask me what's my job title is I am going to say...Glue! Come on you got to admit that's a bit funny. Some of you probably going to use that right. Oh geeesh! I am off topic again. But I did tell you I'm a hot mess in my first blog post, so you been warned! Alright so kids are school... I use that time to take care of household things and work on my business. Once they get out of school that is when we hit the ground running with after school activities, sports, church activities, homework and dinner. Somewhere in there you will have your occasional appointments and events. Man I am getting tired just thinking about all of it. CAN I PLEASE HAVE ONE MORE MONTH OF SUMMER? PLEASE!!!

But like some (not all) good things must come to an end and summer vacation is almost over. I won't say how many days are left cause I don't want to put the thought in my head...but it's soon. I am going to make it my duty to continue to have fun with my sons and slowly get them back to their bed times, decrease their video game time, decrease the junk food and become Mean Mommy again. So as we are going over school supply list and making sure they have everything, it's hitting me how this is going to be an important milestone for us as a family. I had several moments where I have broken down to tears thinking about what lies ahead.

This school year is going to be a HUGE year for us in the Pruitt household. My oldest is going to middle school and my youngest will be in elementary school for the first time without his brother. They both are on emotional rollercoasters on how they feel about the upcoming school year and I have to admit this momma is not doing so well herself. Which could be another reason why I dreading this school year to start. I honestly feel like sending my oldest son to middle school is like feeding him to the wolves and he is going to get rip apart from limb to limb. And then I feel like leaving my youngest at school all alone is like putting him in a dark room with no light or a way to get out. This is sooooooo hard! But one thing I have to remember that no matter what God will protect them and he will be by their side every step of the way. He will guide them as I pray over them. (God I know you got them, but's it's so hard let them go into the world where others don't fear you they way we do. Help me to give it to you Lord.)



I am so thankful for my Moms in Prayer group that we have here locally. I know the ladies in that group are going to help me get through this school year. It is an amazing way to get with other moms in your area weekly and pray over your children and their schools. It has been life changing experience for me this past year and can't wait to get back to my group and begin prayer over all our children throughout out the school year. Be sure to look into this and see if you have a group in your area. If not you can start one! For more information visit:  www.momsinprayer.org



Soon the first bell will ring and they will be out the door. But until then we will enjoy the rest of summer one day at time. And to all you parents who are excited and rushing for school to start, take a moment and think about one thing you are going to miss about your children being home for the summer & hold onto that moment. Always remember to make every little moment with them count because soon they will be grown and we will see them less and less. So enjoy all the little moments while you can...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening up my Heart & Soul

Happy Fall Y'all